Dancing machine.
ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 Mommy's Smile. :)
She may not have powers,
But have the hands that heal.
She may not know how to fly,
But undersands how I feel.

She might not have a magic wand,
But can point the wrong from right.
She may not have the strength,
But with bare hands she’ll fight.

She may not be perfect,
But who could ever be?
I like her just the way she is,
And how she smiles at me .. Ü ((=

--

I was browsing through old files of mine, when I found this. It was a poem I wrote when I was 9 years old. (Yes, I've been writing for quite a while now.) If I could remember it properly, I bet it was 4th grade when we had a mother's day tribute in school. All my classmates made huge posters for their moms. It was a little frustrating to feel a left out because I'm not at all good at art.

When I sat alone that day, my teacher approached me and asked why I was feeling down when the rest of the class was excited and anxious to give away their colorful artworks. As a child, I was pretty embarrassed to tell the truth. I thought, everyone has ideas, except for me. I felt hopeless and well, brainless.

She told me there was nothing to worry about because even if I wasn't good at art or my drawings suck a thousand eggs, there are other things to show devotion to a person who gives you the love no one else could ever pay you with.

My brain then hatched an idea. I could write something simple that could make her smile.

This poem reminded me how important my mother is to me. As the days passed, I also realize how I've stepped away from her. There came times when I thought that she gets under my skin 'cause she doesn't let me get my way. There were also times when I knew that she was only doing this to make me upset, but then I realized that moms aren't enemies. Come to think of it, moms are best friends. We exsist only because them.

At those times when I hated her for scolding me and telling me things over and over again, I think about how I loved it when she reads me the same bedtime story back when I was little and how much I begged for her to read it to me again and again.

At times when she doesn't let me go out with my friends, I also remembered the time when she helped me take my first steps.

Whenever I said bad things to her I come to remember that she was the one who taught me how to say my first words, and it makes me cry when I think of how I loved how she smiled when she taught me how to say "mama."

She was there when I cut my knee at school, and until know is standing by me when I cry because my boyfriend and I had a fight. She used to wipe my wound with a warm towel and tells me, "Ikaw kasi eh." But deep inside she wanted to tell me that it was okay to cry.

Mommy's love is something not even a father can't compare. She works hard just to see us smile even just for a second. And yeah, even if she gets upset because of your obnoxious teenage-like behavior, she still loves you because no matter how much you'll grow up, you will always and forever be her baby. :)
"Mommy's Smile. :)" was Posted On: Monday, November 23, 2009 @Monday, November 23, 2009 | 2 lovely comments

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved. Thank you.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ