Dancing machine.
ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 The Perfectly Perfect Face.


I gotta release my inner SONE for this post.




Another example of an invalid argument I just received from a number of anti-SNSDs: Plastic surgery; the reason why they can't seem to appreciate their beauty.

Okay, let me get this straight, them, being the haters that they are, believe that nothing beats a natural face in the industry. As big as it already is, there is only but a handful of female celebrities who contain their appearances from when they started out as trainees, until their official debut.

I have laid down my stand not only as a fan, but also as a rational human being, in 3 (at least I only think it's 3.) reasonable statements.

Firstly, they are idols. And the exact main purpose of their existence is to be role models. That's that. In the most realistic sense, they are there to look good, in a way that they could inspire us to be the most beautiful we can be. It's not because they want us to feel bad, or insecure about the way we look. It's about being there as the mere outcome of confidence and high-self esteem.

Most anti-fans detest the way kpop industries promote too much perfection, and neglect the concept of natural physical attributes. I on the other hand, understand what they are trying to point out, but am too intelligible to agree with this type of thinking.

Picture this: Two commoners are about to enter a talent agency. Both of them share the same talents of sing and dance, and both are capable of debuting. Suppose one of them is a little more facially fortunate than the other. Of course the company will do what it takes to unleash the uttermost potential of both, but would definitely not leave the physical appearances hanging. They must enhance them. Girl number two will have to undergo some kind of plastic surgery in order to be camera-ready, because believe me when I say that in the entertainment business, the main purpose of a certain talent is to sell. And in this world with an unlimited supply of good-looking idols, it is difficult to make money with a common face.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, as painful as it is, people get judged, especially when they appear on television. So who would the majority idolize in the end? Obvious answer is, the one with talent plus beauty, regardless if this is natural or not.

Another one of those statements that bug me is that many do not believe in the "unnatural."

Let's dig in deeper on what is "natural." Tell me, what exactly is natural these days? Is it when one stays as they are from the moment they step in until the day they phase out? Or is it when one stays humble and accepting after all the fame and the fortune? Sure they go through a lot of enhancements due to the rash treatment of the paparazzi and the growing fandom, but that doesn't entirely mean that they've lost the will to love those who have loved them from the start. Surgery changes the face, not the attitude. If we look at the whole concept of "ugly", in a very logical sense, this would definitely imply to what the eyes see. But if we look at it in a fangirl's viewpoint, it's when an idol gets corrupted with what the company has been feeding them.

Enhancement does not promote plastic surgery. It is the main concept of change. And the last thing a fangirl would want in her idol is consistency. It will come to a point where fans would hunger for a change. Not for the worse, but definitely for the better.

Why would you hate on an idol for having plastic surgery anyway? She/he might have wanted that. If fans were really fans from the start, then they would have paid more attention to their music rather than how they look. They would've supported them for being them as musicians, and not think that they've completely lost it the moment they underwnet "the knife."

I've been watching idols grow even at this early age, and although I might have disagreed to some of their decisions, never did I judge them for wanting to look better. I completely understand what they had to go through to accept such offers. Besides, they do it for their fans, and we should know that it's more of a sacrifice rather than a suicidal thing.

I'm not saying that surgery is good. In fact, the whole idea of going through that kind of procedure is terrifying. But if that's what makes them happy, then as lovers, I believe that we shouldn't think that they're doing it all in vain.

Before my amount of haters increase (once again), I would like to know more about your perspective on this matter. I'm not asking for a fight. I'm only in for the legitimate reasons. I love SNSD, listen to their songs, and learn their dances. Not a single amount of insecurity in me is unleashed. Just a whole lot of love and inspiration.

I love you, Im Yoona :""">

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

"The Perfectly Perfect Face." was Posted On: Sunday, September 2, 2012 @Sunday, September 02, 2012 | 0 lovely comments

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved. Thank you.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ