Dancing machine.
ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
The layout was made specially for me.
All links open in a new tab.

 COMEBACK
I didn't think I'd ever have the chance to write about this, but I've waited long enough and now is the time I let out the beast.


Excuse me because I'm still hungover from watching all the performances and guestings, as well as the teasers and the MVs. I've never felt like this in a really long time. It may have been more than a year, and in between the whole wait, I thought I'd never feel like how I felt when they debuted. This is, in fact, a feeling I know most of us are facing as of the moment we play those videos on YouTube. The anticipation, excitement and (to be very honest) lust. The longing has ended, the wait is finally over. It's here, and it's happening now. EXO's comeback.

As you can see, here in this blog of mine, I have pictures of the MAMA era, and it's very sad to say goodbye to it. Maybe in a while I'd have the guts to replace these old pictures with photos from the current WOLF era. As of now, I just can't because for me, Kai's still the one, and as laughable as it may be, Chanyeol is still the two. (LOL)

Okay, enough about what's to change and what's not to, let me get back to my opinions about WOLF.

1. The first teaser (Pic cr: Tumblr, Vid cr: YouTube)




Again, forgive me for having such a biased heart.

Everyone looked really, really good. For me, that is. I didn't really mind Kai's dreadlocks because it looked extremely sexy. Luhan and Kris with their red eyes made me wanna actually be their prey. (Not that I didn't ever want to be in the first place) Suho needed more screen time, and Sehun surprisingly had a lot of screen time. I love that he and Luhan (Le HunHan shipper) get to be in the center. Chanyeol remains second to Kai (for me) despite his kiddish look which I find very unappealing sometimes. The socks, bandanas and all. They all wear it, but I find Yeollie weird in it. Amazing that I still wanna smother him with kisses.

The only dismay I had to encounter was Baek's hair. I mean, it's not like I ever liked what they did to his hair before the comeback. The blondie seriously needed to ditch. This teaser made it even worse by making look like a poodle rather than a wolf.

"EXO: Roar.
Baekhyun: Arf." 
(cr: Twitter)

All in all, the rest whom I didn't mention looked as hawt as ever, and I love them just as much as I did in MAMA era. To be brutally honest though, I thought they all looked pretty stupid crawling around like retarded dogs. Stupidly hot, of course, for that matter.

2. The second teaser (GIF cr: Tumblr, Vid: YouTube)



Brb. Crying in a corner while drawing circles in the air. 

AAAAND, I just HAD to use this GIF. It killed me at first, but then I saw how pretty the girl was, and that I didn't have a reason to kill her after looking at the screencaps. Apparently she's an SM actress, and I love her now that I've seen how gorgeous she really is. My insecurities fade easily.

Back to my thoughts about this teaser... well, WOLF to tell you the truth, isn't a very good song. SM has a thing for multiple songs in one song these days, it just doesn't appeal to me that much. MAXSTEP was a good song, but it wasn't a GREAT one. IGAB by SNSD did seem a little catchy, but somehow it sounded like a ruckus. This EXO teaser on the same hand showed a story, but I don't see how it matches the song. WOLF sounds like a mess in my ears, but I'm glad they're releasing an MV Drama version. I get to see EXO's acting skills for the first time, and I'm psyched to see how this connects to the song.

Kai may have a thing for this girl in the MV, but I decided to stick around. He's still in fact, mine after all. LOL. 


3. Highlight Medley (cr: SMENT's official channel; YouTube)


Even if their comeback song ain't the best for me, I'm even more glad that it's an ALBUM they'll be releasing. I've waited long enough for the full version of Baby Don't Cry and My Lady. As expected, D.O's vocals is spot on with the song, and it matches just right with Yeollie's rapping. What made me even happier is that they have Peter Pan and 3.6.5 that reminded me of my Hey! Say! JUMP days. It literally sounds like something Hey! Say! JUMP would sing. It's so bubbly and catchy, I love it.

Another one of the songs that made my smile even wider is Let Out the Beast. I remember seeing its teaser for the first time last year. Xiumin made me cringe so much, it just pains to see how thin he's become now! :O I still love him though, Bao Zi. :">

I'll probably be illegally downloading the full version of the album (sorry, not sorry) after they've actually released it so I can buy it first. That way I wouldn't have to open it and rip the songs myself for my iPod/iPad/iPhone/pants.

4. WOLF MV (Korean ver.) (cr: YouTube)


Eghad. The video was better than I expected, actually. The twelve-member choreography worked out a little better than I had first imagined it. This Korean version which I saw earlier than the Chinese one wasn't too biased-member-centric, and everyone got the equal screen time I wanted. Even JongDae bb got spotlight! Not that he didn't have any in MAMA, but you know. Chennie need mur and mur.

Being the Japanese that I am, I still don't have the heart to be able to LOVE the Korean versions. Even if I love kpop, I'm still not so much of a fan about learning their language. I sound terrible saying "jagiya" with the accent that I have, so I guess I'm fine being linguistically retarded. Don't get me wrong though, I try. Sometimes, I do.

The dance looked much, much more complicated than MAMA, but I'm as eager to learn it as it is. The dancer in me has to memorize SOME of the steps, yes? Fangirls would know. Kpop improved my dancing, and I bet WOLF would improve it 100 times more once I've absorbed a few steps. HAHA. The things I do for Jongin.

Any, again, not a great song, expensive MV, awesome effects, great dancing, still gay.

(images cr: Tumblr)


5. WOLF MV (Chinese Ver.) (cr: YouTube)



Man, sometimes I get tired having to mention all the credits. Can I just say that only the thoughts and words are my own? -_-

ANYWAYZ,

I MUST SAY. I love the Chinese version of WOLF 100000x better than the Korean one. It actually made me want to cry at how much better the song is being Chinese. I might NEVER in my life master this language, but this song just builds me up when Tao raps it.

Korean members' Chinese are cute, but seeing Kris and Lay sing in Korean made me laugh a bit. Not that I hate them speaking Korean, though. I love EXO in every way possible. That is, even if SM treats their skin like sketchpads and their hair, coloring books. I might as well jump off a building if I see Kai's hair blonde or...blue.

Back to the Chinese version:

The entire video focused more on the M-members, and maybe that's why I came to appreciate more. Clearly I'm a bigger fan of EXO-M than K (you know, besides having Kai as my boyfriend), but seriously, how can I not be? K = kids, M = men. And women like me NEED men. (brb, throwing up a rainbow on Sehun's head again)






To sum it all up, the comeback was a huge success! I'm not too happy about what they're doing to Sehun's hair, but he seems to be enjoying the colorful look. It worries me that he still even HAS hair from all that coloring.

I just watched Sukira and all their live (but sadly STILL lip-synched) performances, and I can already sense the achievements that are about to be reached by these talented boys (gays). The efforts were paid off, as well as mine. They came back at just the right time, and at just the right price. I'm buying their album as soon as I get the money, and I'll probably smother the whole thing with infinity pools of love for the rest of this WOLF era. I'm still in love with EXO, and I'll continue to love them for as long as Chanyeol keeps that boner in his ears! :D
"COMEBACK " was Posted On: Sunday, June 2, 2013 @Sunday, June 02, 2013 | 0 lovely comments

« Older posts | Newer posts»

Copyrighted © TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved. Thank you.
View with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Inspired by Kaith, Images from Cursor from Images from

ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ